These are the things that make my life grand.
Two people tagged me in this latest trend.
What are 40 things I love? Don’t you want to know!
From big to small, and in no particular order, here’s my list.
- Reading nonfiction Kindle books.
- Reading blog posts.
- Free writing before the sun rises.
- Communities of writers.
- Great thinkers.
- Sunny weather.
- Sitting on my front porch.
- Drinking coffee.
- The way my dog squints his eyes when I scratch his back.
- Chatting in Messenger.
- Writing short, punchy posts for my best client.
- Learning new ways of doing things.
- Getting lost in thought.
- Watching Forensic Files on TV.
- Watching documentaries about serial killers.
- Watching biographies about celebrities I knew when I was young.
- Writing letters to friends.
- Reading stuff I’ve written a while back.
- Meeting new writers who have an unstoppable passion for the craft.
- Buying free books on Kindle that aren’t crap.
- Learning how hypnotists do their stuff.
- Sitting at my desk writing my next blog post.
- Mind mapping ideas, even if I end up doing nothing with them.
- Thinking differently about things.
- Talking with my son as we drive to work.
- Meeting someone for coffee.
- Drinking coffee right before bed.
- Trying on different frames (and I don’t mean the ones around pictures).
- My wife’s cooking.
- Conversations that go beyond the weather.
- Getting to know someone better.
- Reading other people’s life stories.
- Photo and video editing.
- Breaking down complicated things so others (and I) can understand.
- Seth Godin’s blog.
- Learning what words mean and how they work.
That’s 40 for me. How about you?
Here’s one more to sweeten the list.
41. Nature walks with my daughter.